Monday, December 22, 2008

My Little Family

I have been marveling at the relationship developing between my children lately. Andrew wakes up in the morning, usually to the sound of Anna saying, "Mommy. Mommy. MOMMY!", and he will often come in and ask me if I want him to go get her. I usually grunt something out like, "Huh? Mmm. Yeah. Sure. Thanks, bud." Then, from the next room, I can hear a conversation that goes something like this:

"Good morning, Anna! How did you sleep?"

"Good."

"Do you want to go see Mommy?"

"Sure."

"Do you need brother to get anything for you?"

"Um, sure. Wanna come with me, Andrew? Watch a movie in Mommy's room? K? Come with me."

"Do you want to go pick out a movie from the living room Anna?"

"Um, okay."

All the while, I am still in bed, grinning at how sweet Andrew is acting and at how well Anna is receiving it. Andrew will take her out into the living room and help her pick out a show sometimes, and then they both come padding down the hall in their jammies and climb into bed with me for a few minutes.

Motherhood can be so amazing sometimes. :)

I should note that in the same day, Anna will hit Andrew as hard as she can and then laugh hysterically when he says, "Ow, Anna!" Then, if he tries to play with her while she is really focusing on a toy, she just starts screaming at the top of her lungs, "NO, Andrew. That's MY's!" (Apparently the word "mine" doesn't fit into her vocabulary just yet.) Even though these bits of interaction occur just as often as the sweet ones, I am deciding today to focus on the ones that make my heart want to melt and my eyes well up with tears of thankfulness and love. Praise God for children!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing this, Sarah! I can just hear both of them saying these things. Incidentally Elijah is the same kind of helper with Caleb. I'm with you on how very sweet siblings can be. God is so good to bless us like this! Love and miss you, Sis!

Katrina said...

That's adorable! Sounds like Andrew is a wonderful and adoring big brother. :) I love eavesdropping on our two playing together, as well. They fight, and pretend, and sometimes get each other laughing so hard (at silly jokes no one else finds nearly so funny) that they can barely breathe. It reminds me of my relationship with my siblings and I just have to smile!

fran said...

I think that those two truly love each other. I enjoy seeing them react together. I know that God loves it when His children are sweet to each other in this same way. I think that being a parent teaches us a lot about God, and how he views us:-)