Friday, October 10, 2008

My Four

My beautiful sister, Becky, tagged me in her latest blog. I have been absent from the blogging scene for a good bit of time and actually visited my blogging page for the first time in two months today. I just posted the blog about our Seattle trip that I had apparently saved as a draft months ago and forgotten to edit and post. *sigh* I feel out of practice, but here goes:

Four things I did today:

1. Played with Dora the Explorer house and dolls with Anna in her room. She is currently fascinated with the little car and how many people and animals she can fit into it. Extremely adorable to witness and be a part of.

2. Cleaned someone else's house for two and a half hours. (I clean four houses weekly and one house bi-weekly.) That adds up to seven showers, eleven toilets, fifteen dusted coffee tables, and nineteen vacuumed rooms....not counting my own house. I would count my own house, except that Tim often does more housework than I do around here. Can you blame me?

3. Dropped by my "old gym" and cancelled my membership. Sadly, I have been a member of my "new gym" for two months now and um, kept forgetting to cancel the other one.

4. Took my final test for Psychological Testing and Assessment through Liberty University, which completes my degree requirements. I now eagerly await the arrival of my official B.S. in Psychology diploma (which should arrive 10-12 weeks after my degree "confers").

Four things to do on my to-do list:

1. Call the pumpkin patch in the morning to check on times for hayrides tomorrow.

2. Clear off some space on my memory card so there will be room to take a lot of pictures on that hayride tomorrow.

3. Go to the chiropractor and have my upper back adjusted from sitting at this computer night after night, studying and doing important things like writing on people's "walls".

4. Bring bigger clothes in for Anna from the tote in the garage. She is growing taller by the minute, it seems.

Four of my guilty pleasures:

1. Going to a nail salon every other week and having my acrylic nails filled, filed, and painted. After cleaning houses all week, this is a treat I am not likely to give up anytime soon.

2. Staying at home all day with Anna once in a while...in my jammies.

3. Long bubble baths with a good book, candles, and my bath pillow. SO long that the bath water needs to be refilled at least twice lest I freeze.

4. Sleeping in once in a great while when Tim is home and gets up with the kids.

Four random facts about me:

1. I really like cauliflower. Raw, cooked, mashed with half and half, in a casserole with broccoli.... It's just good.

2. I often jump head first into things that I think at the time are great ideas. Sometimes they turn out to be great and sometimes....not. Tim is great at reminding me of this personality flaw that I have and guiding me back into the idea of actually thinking before acting. I don't always appreciate his advice at the time, but later recognize the heartache he likely saved me from.

3. I have glasses that I am supposed to wear all the time, but usually only wear them when I am reading or driving at night. I have tried contacts, but never got used to the feeling of placing something on my eyeball. I may try again in the near future.

4. I have big feet. Size 10. I'm quite tall, so I like to say that if my feet were any smaller, I might just tip over.

If you just finished reading this, consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Congrats again on finishing your degree--that is something to be really proud of! Have fun on the hayride!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this, Sarah! I have noticed there hasn't been a post for awhile. Yay!!! I'm so proud of you for sticking out all of the time and energy and classes that didn't transfer to finish this degree. I always tell people it is so ironic that you're just now finishing a degree that your siblings finished in traditional time since you're the smartest one of all of us! I didn't know you had acrylic nails right now. I'm sure they're beautfiul and look great. AND where is your old gym? I hope you are having fun with Tim's parents and that you have a great time at the pumpkin patch. Can't wait to see pictures. Hug and kiss my sweet niece and nephew! Love and miss you!