Monday, April 23, 2007

Toppings

Okay. I am growing hopeful. I have two or three years to train my daughter to like the same kind of pizza toppings that I do. For five years now, since Andrew decided that he liked pizza, we have been ordering the same old BORING pizza toppings whenever we get the craving for pizza (usually about every other week). When we go grocery shopping and decide to throw a frozen pizza in the cart (you know, for those RARE occasions when I don't feel like cooking...heh), we always choose the same kind of toppings. Yes, you guessed it...pepperoni or sausage. Possibly pepperoni and sausage. Once in a while...a three meats variety. Oooh aaah. Uggh.

Do I eat it? Of course, because the alternative is buying a whole pizza for myself and then feeling like I have to eat it all since we paid extra for it. As a result, my waistline would grow even more than it already has over the past year and well.... that just isn't worth it. We tried doing "half mine, half theirs" a couple of times, but...they eat more than I do and we are left with four slices of supreme and two hungry boys.

Anna is going to have my taste in food, I've decided. I am going to work with her diligently so that when she gets old enough, there will be two votes for the yummy kind of pizza and we will be able to get our own! When we go out to eat, there will be two votes for Thai food or Indian food and I won't have to order another boring salad or burger at Applebee's. Oh yeah, and after dinner...there will of course be two votes to go Shopping
.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I'm also trying to mold my youngest child in my image, but in my case, I'm hoping to instill a love of rollercoasters. Neither Paul nor Katie likes them, so I need a buddy to ride with!