Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tubby Time








Tubby time is one of my favorite times of day. Each morning, somewhere around nine or so, I give Anna a bath. She hated it at first, but is growing to appreciate this ritual. After her bath, I give her a lotion rub down which she does like, and then she always wants a little post-bath snack. :) After eating, she has a little conversation with me, talking and cooing as much as she can (which isn't much, but I can see the rest in her eyes)! I am loving this stage!


Andrew had a great birthday party this last Saturday and I will post new pics when I get them uploaded! I can hardly believe my litte boy is eight. He woke up on his birthday and I asked him how he was feeling and he said, "Great. Eight is great!" What a kid. I love them both so much that sometimes I feel as if my heart will burst. Is this how God feels about us, I wonder? Does He look at us the way I look at my children? I know logically that His love for us is even greater than our love for our children, and yet this concept is hard for me to actually understand. We are so blessed to be His adopted sons and daughters and to be loved so very much. *sigh*


Today is a good day. I love my kids. I love my husband. I love my Lord. I miss my sister and her kids....but I know they are doing what God wills for them by serving Him in Africa. I miss my little brother, but he is coming to visit in March for two weeks! I love my parents and love that they live close by. My daughter is currently sleeping on my chest after two and a half hours of evening fussing (a regular ritual now), and there is no better feeling than her relaxed little body curled up, holding my shirt and breathing against my neck. I am feeling sleepy and happy and grateful. These are the moments I focus on when Anna wakes up at 3 and stays awake until 6. :) I shall end this rambling blog now and go get some sleep in case that happens tonight!

2 comments:

Becky Reeves said...

I miss you, too, Sarah! I'm especially missing not getting to hold Anna when she's so little! She looks so much like both you and Tim and Andrew! I see each of you in each different picture! I love bath time and lotion time, too! Caleb loves that daily ritual! So glad Andrew had a good birthday! Give them both kisses for me! I love you!

Katrina said...

What a cute bathtime baby! You've articulated something that has crossed my mind many times--the fact that God's love for us is even greater than the love we have for our children. It's mind-boggling, isn't it? When I think of Him loving not just us, but every person in the world with that kind of love, how can I not share the gospel, treat people kindly, reach out to the hurting?

Great post!