Andrew turned eight this month. I keep looking at him, trying to remember what he looked like when he was born and how it felt to hold him. It is amazing to me how much children change in such a short time! I realize this is nothing new and that people say all the time how fast kids grow....but when it is your own kids, it is still pretty amazing! I look at his adorable face and can see a glimpse of that little baby boy with the skinny legs and the long dark eyelashes that the nurse handed to me in the hospital eight years ago. He has grown into such a wonderful, caring kid who is unbelievably intelligent and talented. (Sorry, I have to brag a little.) He just finished a great basketball season (see pictures) and is looking forward to another exciting baseball season. He is in the Chess club at school, still loves reading (he is working on the second Harry Potter book), breezes through math, and helps lead singing at church once a quarter. God has truly blessed him with many talents, which is wonderful....and yet a big responsibility. Tim and I have our work cut out for us, teaching him how to use those talents to glorify God.
Andrew, for the third time in a row, wanted to have his party at the Rollarena. Having a Birthday in the Winter is difficult because options are limited. He Loves to skate, though, and got rollerblades for Christmas this year, so the party location was a no-brainer this time. When Andrew turned five, however, he had his mind made up that he wanted a pool party at his Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood club pool. We explained to him that he would have to wait until Summer, and he did just that. We hosted a "Andrew turns five and a half" Birthday party that year and had a blast. Twelve kids showed up for Andrew's party this year and they all boogied to the Hokey Pokey, twisted and turned under the limbo stick, and held hands with a buddy for friend skate. I chuckled, watching kids put rented skates on that I am sure are the Exact same skates that were there when I was a kid. I wonder how many layers of disinfectant spray are actually on the inside of those shoes. Maybe next year, Andrew can do some research on the bacteria inside the skates of the Rollarena for a science project. :)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Andrew! Can that lanky future NBA star really be the two year old I remember? LOL!
Looks like the birthday party was a blast--that really takes me back to all those awesome skating parties we had in the eighties. I remember learning to skate backwards and thinking I was hot stuff!
lol...I remember learning to do the "crossover" around the rink and thinking I myself was hot stuff...until I bit it in front of my friends. :) Thanks for commenting, Katrina!
Post a Comment