Friday, February 09, 2007

Growing and Changing


Anna Jane is growing soo fast! Pictured above, she is shown sleeping on my shoulder on the couch (our regular afternoon routine), at three weeks. The next two pictures of her are at four weeks. The other pictures (below) are taken between four and a half weeks and five weeks.

We took Anna to the pediatric cardiologist because her pediatrician heard a heart murmur. She looked so tiny and pitiful hooked up to the EKG machine. She passed all of her tests, but did have a "finding" according to the doctor. Between the two upper chambers of her heart is a small hole that didn't fuse when it was supposed to. The doctor said it will likely fuse on its own, but we need to have it checked again in six months. This is pretty common and doesn't cause any problems, but it was still stressful to see Anna's tiny heart on the echocardiogram.

Before her tests, the nurse asked me to undress her and get her ready to be weighed. I picked her up and said to my mother-in-law, "I guess nine pounds, three ounces". We took her in and I put her on the scale....and she weighed nine pounds, four ounces! I beamed, proud that I am supplying her with some quality food!!

Andrew sat down next to me today and I asked him if he wanted to hold his sister and he said, "Sure, I'll hold my sis!" I almost had to pick my jaw up off the floor because he Never says that. So...for only the fourth time since she was born, Andrew held Anna today. He had been holding her for about thirty seconds when she gave a good squirt and filled her pants. Andrew laughed pretty hard and handed her back.

Anna has started smiling once in a great while and when she does, my heart just melts. I still look at her every now and then and get tears in my eyes because I am so thankful for her presence in our home. She is amazing. I am not getting much sleep, I have to admit...but other than that, life is pretty good around here. God has truly blessed us!!!






3 comments:

Becky Reeves said...

Sarah,
She's just so cute and cuddly and adorable!!! You look so good, too, and so happy and content! I know you're enjoying her and I so wish I could hold her and give her a kiss and a little cuddle. I can totally picture Andrew saying those things! His valentines to Hannah and Elijah and Gabe said how proud he was of his little sister. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, My sister in-law has had 2 of her three kids have that same small hole in thier hearts. They both had them close by themselves and are lively 4 and 2 year olds now!
Such cute pictures!!!! Keep them coming!
Love GENEIL

Katrina said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. She is just a beauty!

I love the story of her filling her pants while Andrew was holding her. Caleb did that once, VERY loudly, in the middle of Bible class while his Grandpa was holding him. You never saw a man move so fast as Grandpa did when thrust him back into my lap...lol!