Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving


This year, I feel like I have innumerable reasons to be thankful. For starters, I am incredibly thankful for my wonderful husband who goes to work at o-dark thirty five days a week and works long days so that I can stay home. I am thankful for Tim's help at home as well, which has not only saved my back, but my sanity as well! I am also incredibly thankful for my son who continues to amaze me with his humor, his intelligence, and his ability to make me smile. I am so very thankful as well for this tiny life that is growing inside of me. Our little girl is now measuring somewhere between three and four pounds and as of tomorrow, has only eight weeks until she arrives! Her movements are so strong now and she gets the hiccups several times a day. I wonder whether she will be blonde like Nathan or have dark hair like Andrew. Maybe she won't even have hair!

I am thankful most of all for God and the way He always brings my heart back to Him when I get distracted by all of the busy things of this world or by other people or material things. This sweet baby girl inside of me is a constant reminder of His tenderness towards me and creates such a great desire for me to be all the more faithful to Him. Praise God for His blessings, His wisdom, and the reminders of His love for us!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Amen! You look radiant, and those last eight weeks are going to be past before you know it! I'm sure your little girl is going to be just beautiful.

I can't wait to see newborn pictures!

tyha said...

AMEN! We are all so very blessed. I to am very thankful for the many reminders He gives me daily! God is rarely early, but He is never late! This something I tell myself often because at times it is all to easy to forget how faithful He has always been – in His perfect timing. Love you and pray for you often!