
God is so good. We had an ultrasound done yesterday afternoon and we were so pleased to see how well our little one is doing. After a full forty minutes of measuring and trying to keep up with our little one's kicks and jumps, the technician announced that she was about to get a good look to see if we were having a boy or a girl. Andrew got quiet, my mom looked intently at the screen, Tim patted my hand, and I started to cry (happy tears, of course). We looked at the screen and then back at the technician as she told us that we were going to have...... a girl. A slightly disappointed "Awwww...." from Andrew was audible, a small cheer from my mom could be heard, a quiet smile from Tim showed little emotion, and my own ecstatic tears began to stream down my cheeks. I wonder what the ultrasound tech thought of all of us. :)
We were able to see our little girl yawning, trying to suck her thumb, and moving, moving, moving. The sweet lady who was ever so gently (ha!) pushing into my lower stomach with the "wand" kept commenting on how active our little girl is. She said she could feel the movement against her wrist and against the probe. I am so amazed by how well we could see her and her dainty little features. She looks perfect and I love her so much already.
After Andrew's initial disappointment, he was sure to say, "I'm excited, Mom!" and then, "Dad, can we go have a snack, now?" Boys will be boys. This morning, though, he came up to me and hugged my ever-growing belly and asked, "How is my little sister this morning?" I nearly broke into tears again.
Several people have asked us about our name choices. We have four names that we really like and after some last minute changes, have decided that we aren't going to tell anyone what name we chose. I figure that fewer people will respond with "oh" or "hmmm" when the name is already bestowed upon a beautiful newborn girl!
Please continue to pray for the health and safety of our little one. I feel so blessed already that God has given us this tiny gift, moving and kicking inside of me. What a wondrous plan He created for bringing life into the world. I am so grateful that I am the one who gets to experience this instead of Tim. (Believe me, he is grateful that he doesn't have to do it). Praise God for His goodness to us!
!
2 comments:
How wonderful! Those 3-D ultrasounds are so amazing, and make it a lot easier to recognize what you're looking at. I remember handing Caleb's 2-D ultrasound photo to people and saying, "Look! It's a boy!" only to have them turn the picture around and around, cock their heads to the side, and ask, "Where?" :)
Congrats again on your beautiful baby girl. Thanks for sharing the photos! May God bless you and watch over all four of you in the weeks ahead. And may they pass quickly!
Sarah, I can't wait to see pictures of her after her birth! God is so good and I'm so pleased he's blessing you and Tim and Andrew with a little girl! I love you!
Post a Comment