
*SIGH*
My little boy is no longer "little". He hasn't been for a while, I realize...but being pregnant and thinking of little ones makes me remember the days when this adorable child was just a baby, looking to me to fill all of his needs.
I would love to record Andrew and put a little blurb on this site so that all of you could hear him. He cracks us up all the time. :) He loves to quote movies and would do so all day long if we let him. He loves to read and does so daily. He just finished the first Harry Potter book! Andrew also loves game systems (probably too much), and is often trying to beat some new record of his on his Gamecube. He also loves to sing and can very often be heard belting out hymns from church while in the shower. :) Basketball is still a main focus and we have spoiled him with a hoop in the hallway, a hoop in his room, and even one in the kitchen. (The kitchen one is on it's way out!!) City league basketball starts in about a week and he is practically chomping at the bit to get out on the court and show off his stuff. He is loving school this year and has a fantastic teacher who has given him great confidence while reminding him in subtle ways to be humble about his intelligence and abilities. He is such a great kid and we couldn't be prouder of him.
I watched a home video last week of Andrew when he was nearly two. I could not believe how much I had forgotten about his little personality at that age. Children change SO quickly and it is amazing what we so easily forget about their short-lived lives as babies and toddlers. I think my New Year's resolution will have something to do with putting all of those priceless videos on DVDs and making copies of those so that those brief moments will never be forgotten.
I need to try to remember that not too distant in the future, I will look back at photos like the one above and think, "Wow...look at how young he looks in this picture!" I love this age and the new interests and insights that it brings. I know that each stage of Andrew's life will have new challenges for us as parents and new excitement as well....but I love the "nearly eight" age and the sense of humor and pure delight that are so apparent in his personality. And....I know I am biased as his mother....but he is just too cute!! Praise God for kids!
1 comment:
Wow, can that really be Andrew? He looks just like I remember him, except now he's a giant! :) I love your idea of putting the videos on DVD to keep and share. I bet the grandparents will love it, too!
Post a Comment