Do you ever have one of those days where you start crying and you just can't stop? Once that first tear is shed, the flood gates are open and no amount of wiping or sniffling seems to help.
Friday was one of those days.
I saw the movie, August Rush, last weekend (go see it, you'll know), and on the way home in my car, the tears flowed. And flowed. And flowed. I'm glad I didn't run into anybody.
Sometimes when I cry, my mind automatically goes to all of the places where I've felt the most pain (emotionally, that is) and all of my hurt comes flooding back to me like I was there all over again.
The death of my child, broken relationships, miscarriages, public humiliation, more broken relationships, stupid mistakes....all wrapped up in one indescribable feeling.
After the tears stop, however, I remember. I remember who I belong to. I remember who loves me more than anyone else...and I lift my eyes up to Him and I am thankful. I'm thankful that He knows and He sees and He is the one who will comfort me like no other.
But still- no more emotional, sappy movies for a while.
Monday, December 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah, thanks for sharing this! I haven't seen the movie and now I'm not sure I will...but I know how you feel! I have done that with other movies and all of the deep emotions that just can't stay on the surface get opened up with something that touches the cap of that bottle of sadness and grief and everything is felt at once. Mom was saying when she was here as we were talking about this phenomenon at prayer time that this is very normal anytime you experience a new grief that it brings up all of the old griefs from the past. I guess even movies can do that. I'm so glad you know who to run to when it happens. I do, too, and only then do I find the peace that passes understanding. I love you!
Post a Comment