Thursday, July 05, 2007

Open Wide!



Katrina tagged me in her latest meme, and I was relieved to see that the subject was one I wouldn't have any trouble with: Favorite foods!!

Here are the rules:
1. Name and link to the person who tagged you.
2. Name the state and country where you reside.
3. Name your five favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag others.

I live in the great state of Washington (cheers, applause, looks of amazement).
The Tri-Cities has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years, and with it's growth has brought to town many new restaurants. My husband, bless his sweet heart, is a truly picky eater...and so we haven't ventured out to all of them quite yet. (I'm still working on him, though...and there is hope!) Of the restaurants we Have tried...here are my five faves:

1. The Bonefish Grill
Why anyone would choose to include the word "bone" in the name of this upscale, highly popular restaurant, is beyond my understanding. Reservations are practically required at this establishment that boasts of fresh seafood and tasty steaks, but it is worth the hassle to get a table. I have only sampled their fare once...but it was so memorable that it instantly became a favorite. Halibut with oscar sauce, baby asparagus, wild rice with golden raisins, and perfect ambiance. If my pocketbook suddenly starts to overflow with extra cash, I'll be back!

2. Anthony's Homeport
Known for excellent seafood and a great view of the Columbia River, Anthony's halibut cheeks are to die for! This restaurant is also very pricey, but they have a "Sunset Special" before six, so you can have an appetizer, salad, small entree, and dessert for under $20 a person. My favorite part of the experience: the bathrooms. Seriously! Each stall in the women's room has it's own individual sink and mirror, complete with hands free faucets and paper towel dispensers. The artwork in the stalls is quite amusing as well. The men's bathroom apparently has television sets installed over the urinals. (I know it must be true because Andrew used the bathroom three times during dinner.) A must-visit.

3. The Emerald of Siam
Thai food at it's best. The owner has actually taught cooking classes at the Community Center on how to cook Thai food. The decor is authentic Thai, the prices are reasonable, and they have a great lunch buffet. My favorites are the Cashew Chicken, Red Curry Chicken, and the Black Rice Pudding. My mouth is now watering...
Tim has yet to visit this one, but I have high hopes!

4. Red Robin
A family favorite. Burgers, pasta dishes, fantastic salads, and huge desserts. This vibrant, family-friendly place has a great atmosphere that just speaks of "fun". I try something new nearly every time we visit. The last time we ate here, I had an open-faced chicken parmesan sandwich with garlic-parmesan french fries. Yum, Yum, Yum. I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't even need a take home box. I did have to skip my favorite dessert, though: Mile-high Mud Pie. Mmmm.

5. Taco Bell
I know many people are not fans of this fast food joint found in practically every city, but I absolutely love it. Always coming out with something new and delicious, Taco Bell can always cure a craving for something quick and cheap. My new favorite is the steak taquito with sour cream for dipping sauce. Cheese quesadillas (no red sauce, please) and double decker taco supremes are some of my old stand-bys. Plus...they are open until two a.m.!

As for tagging others...I don't know if anyone besides Katrina is actually reading my blog (except for my mom who doesn't blog...HI MOM!) So, I will skip this step for now unless I come up with some names.



3 comments:

Katrina said...

Yay! Thank you for participating! I'm drooling now...lol! I must say, Red Robin is one of our family favorites, too, but we currently have to drive to Spokane Valley (about half an hour away) to enjoy it. They have the best Cobb Salad on the planet, hands down. Joy and exultation, though--they're building one in Coeur d'Alene at last, right near our new movie theatre!

("Halibut cheeks" is really fun to say.)

Sarah said...

I can always count on you to leave a comment on my blogs. Thank you! (And thanks for thinking of tagging me. It was fun!)

Edward Carson said...

I love playing this game. Keep up the great taste in food.