Sunday, May 13, 2007

Love

I watched my children today.

I watched Andrew as he tied his shoes this morning. I watched him as he visited with friends at church. I watched him as he stood up in front of a small group of people this evening and confidently led a song, looking to me once in a while for approval. I watched him kiss his little sister on the forehead and give her zerberts on her belly. I watched him cry, hurting because a respected, loving, Godly woman passed away today. I watched him and loved him.

I watched Anna as she stretched this morning, arms and legs reaching and moving until she saw me and smiled. I watched her nuzzle in towards me, looking up at me with asking eyes, wanting to nurse. I watched her eyes light up as she saw her Grandma and Grandpa when she woke up in a new place. I watched her laugh as I kissed her chin in that ticklish little spot just under her lip. I watched her cry as she told me she was tired and ready for bed. I watched her and I loved her.

I watched Nathan today. I watched him in my mind, seeing his sweet curly blond head resting on my arm. I watched his chest go up and down, breathing with the help of a machine that I hated. I watched him in his Daddy's arms, his Grandpa's arms, his Grandma's arms. I watched him as I held his hands and stroked his head. I watched him as the nurses took him from me for the last time. I watched and I loved him.

My heart is overflowing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, What a beautiful entry. I know your mother's heart is full as you reflect on each of your sweet children. You are in my prayers often.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, your post brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. What sweet motherly love you have for all of your children. I think of sweet Nathan often. I love you, dear one!

Katrina said...

That was just lovely. Your children, all three, have been blessed to have you.