Monday, January 22, 2007

Surprise!!

I went down to Andrew's school to eat lunch with him on Friday (which didn't work out since he was already eating with his friends and didn't want to leave them to eat with boring old Mom), and left Anna with Tim for twenty minutes. I pulled back into the driveway and saw an unfamiliar car parked up next to the house. I got out and curiously poked my head in through the door....and saw my niece, Mikena, standing in my living room with her parents!! Tim's brother, Scott, and his wife, Kim, decided to surprise us with a weekend visit from Iowa!


We were expecting Tim's sister to come in Friday evening, but had no idea his brother was coming as well. I got teary-eyed, which is par for the course these days, and thanked them over and over for making the trip. We were really wanting to see them, but didn't know when it was going to work out. Tim's sister, Tammy, and her seven month-old son Noah arrived later in the evening and we had a fun weekend enjoying the kids and visiting. Aside from some major airline frustrations and canceled/delayed flights, everything went really well and we were able to just hang out at the house or the mall and enjoy each other. What a wonderful surprise!!





Anna went to the doctor this last Thursday and weighed in at 6 lbs., 15 oz., and measured at 20 1/2 inches. She is definitely growing! She is still a bit jaundiced, so we are trying to give her lots of sunlight. She also has a slight heart murmur which our pediatrician wanted to get double-checked by a pediatric cardiologist sometime in the next couple of weeks. Apparently, there are some great doctors in Spokane who come down to the Tri-Cities every week or two and see patients here. We are waiting for a call from them to schedule an appointment. All in all, though, Anna is doing great and is such a snuggly sweetheart. She is sleeping a bit more at night, which I am especially thankful for!








2 comments:

Becky Reeves said...

Sarah,
She's so beautiful!! She looks so different in each picture! I'm so envious! I wish I could be there to hold her! I"m praying for you with any stress over the possible heart murmur etc. Andrew looks so proud holding his little sister! I love you!!

Katrina said...

Oh, I love it when family can be together like that! I enjoyed my cousins so much growing up, and it was always a treat to see them. It looks like Andrew and Anna are blessed with the same happy gift!

I'll be praying for good things regarding Anna's health. I won't tell you not to worry (we are moms, after all!) but I will say that heart murmurs aren't uncommon with infants, and most of them self-repair within a few months.

The photos are wonderful! Keep them coming!