Saturday, January 13, 2007

My Cuties


Andrew is looking so old to me! He will be eight in just a month, which is so hard for me to believe. He has taken a new interest in golf since Tim got a Tiger Woods golf game for Gamecube for Christmas. He has decided that he might like to try the sport this Spring. We tried to tell him that it wasn't exactly the most economical sport in the world, but he is determined to try every sport in the book, it seems. :) He is currently having a blast with his basketball season and looking forward to some baseball this Spring, possibly some more tennis lessons, and well.....maybe golf. Not only does he like to play all of these sports...he likes to read about them as well. Currently, he is in his room reading a biography of Shaquille O'Neal. He just finished a biography about Tiger Woods last night. What a kid. :)



Anna is chubbing up and being as adorable as ever. She still thinks that the daytime is for sleeping and the nighttime is for hanging out with Mom....but we are going to fix that soon!! I am letting her set her own schedule for the next couple of weeks since she is still small, but as soon as she puts enough weight on, I plan to reverse her days/nights so I can SLEEP!! Tim is letting me nap a couple of times a day when it works out and so I do eventually get a little shut-eye. Somehow, when she wakes me up at 1:00 a.m., 2:30, 3:15, 4:45, and 6:30, I still look at her and think, "How adorable is my daughter??" I know the sleep deprivation will set in soon and I will wake up crying myself, thinking, "Why, why, why won't she sleep in her bassinet???" Fortunately, Tim is off from work for another week, so I won't feel guilty handing her over to him for a bit.
I still feel like all of the events over the past week and a half are surreal. Am I living someone else's life? Do I really have two children at home? Is this adorable tiny baby really mine? Praise God for His incredible blessings in my life, including all of the special people around us who have so lovingly prayed for our little one to arrive safely. Thank you so much to all of you who have held us up in prayer over and over again. We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you guys today! We are glad Andrew will be trying out every sport, maybe he can teach Ben a thing or two about golf later. They both love sports so much. Most babies fall asleep with stuffed animals or blankies, Ben fell asleep with a little ball firmly in his grasp the other night. Boys :)
Anna looks adorable in the picture with her eyes open. I can't wait until our colds are better so we can go over and hold her.

Katrina said...

What great pics of Andrew! It sounds like you have quite an athlete in the family! We've dangled a few sports in front of Katie--karate, soccer--but so far she's content to spend her free time dreaming up new art projects and planning her life as a rock star...heheh.

Anna looks so content and adorable. I'll pray that the schedule shift happens as smoothly as possible, because mommies need their sleep, too!

Praise God for his amazing gifts!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah and Tim, What great pics. and what a cutie you have produced. Andrew, your pic is great, too. So glad to finally get to see Anna Jane. We love you all and so happy for you. love,
John and Liz

Anonymous said...

Sarah & Tim: I love seeing pics of "God's Gracious Gift - Anna Jane. That last pic of her smiling looks like she knows that she is! Such a beautiful, sweet baby girl. Yes, I prayed for her & God said "Yes!" Psalm 138:8&139 Andrew might enjoy that psalm as you look at his baby pictures again. What a blessing for Anna to have a protective, big brother. Sarah, your question re the pacifier reminded me of Kris' 2nd boy, Matt. He was two years old & it was morning. He came out of his room with a paci in each hand & between his toes & one in his mouth! But he doesn't need them anymore!! (He's 12!) I think Kris quit replacing them when he lost one or it became damaged.
Matt loves every sport, too, Andrew. Anna will be your biggest fan, I bet!
Love, Miss Jeannie