Every year, without fail, we go out as a family and choose a Christmas tree. We have only one specific requirement: the tree must be taller than Tim. For the last few years, we have found the right tree at Fred Meyer. I realize that it doesn't sound like a very exciting place to hunt for that perfect tree, but it does have a very mom-friendly feature: a nearby automatic door that leads into the store where one can get warm....and oh yes, shop! Last year we were interviewed just outside the store by a local news station about why we choose to buy a real tree rather than an artificial one. They showed it on the evening news and Andrew was adorable. :) Since this year I am feeling particularly large and pregnant, I had a hard time staying cheery as I attempted to place lights and beads on our beautiful tree. Andrew was as excited as ever, and it was fortunately contagious. :)
My energy disappeared just as Andrew's bedtime arrived, so we vowed to finish the ornament placing tomorrow and the boys went to bed. Somehow I know that the minute Andrew wakes up tomorrow morning, he will rush in to ask if he can plug in the lights on the tree. He said today, "We're really into Christmas, aren't we?" Tim and I chuckled and assured him that yes, we are big fans of the Christmas season.
(Our mostly finished tree)
Time to wrap some presents, I guess!



2 comments:
Great looking tree! I can just hear Andrew saying you guys are "into Christmas" wish we could be there to share it with you. Love you!
The tree is lovely! I think I like all the hubbub of decorating and stringing lights just as much as the orgy of present unwrapping on Christmas morning. We always play Christmas music and pop corn, and the true anticipation of the season begins.
I hope you're enjoying your December!
Post a Comment