Saturday, October 20, 2007

Baby Talk

Anna said a new word today: ball. She was sitting in the bathtub, splashing and playing, and I handed her a little ball and said, "Here's your ball!" and she looked up at me and then pointed to the ball and said, "BA!" I almost cried I was so proud of her. :) She can also say "bye-bye", "hi", "boo" (book), "da da", and "pic" (picture).

She loves walking around the house, pointing at things and looking at me so I will tell her what they are. Since we have a lot of pictures in the house, we go around learning the names of all of the family members. So far, she thinks everybody's name is "picture" and points to all of them and says, "pic". SO adorable, I tell you. I suppose I'll have to stop saying, "And that's a picture of Grandpa..." She hears "picture" and apparenty forgets everything that comes afterwards.

I brought out the video camera tonight and Anna actually performed all of her little "talents"! Usually, I bring out the camera and she smiles at it and tries to come grab it...but not this time. I told her to clap and she did. I told her to wave hi and she did...and even said, "hi". I told her to tell me "bye-bye" and she waved and said the words. I gave her the ball and she said, "ba". She even crawled around backwards and tried to pull up while I was taping. Andrew was so excited and kept saying, "She's doing it, Mom! She's really doing it!"

Now if she would just go back to sleeping through the night, life would be Really good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah-
I can't wait to see the video! Anna and Andrew are two of the sweetest children on this earth. You are blessed- as am I.
Love- Mom

Katrina said...

That's so exciting when they start to talk! I'm impressed that you got Anna to perform for her video; she must have been feeling like a star that day! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh! I can't believe she's saying ball! What a sweetie! Give her sweet little face some kisses from Aunt Becky. Love you all and miss you so!